UAE announces new bus service to Oman for Only AED110 in October 2023
According to Mwasalat, Oman's official public transportation operator, bus service between Muscat, Oman, and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, will resume on October 1, 2023.
Resumption of Oman to UAE Bus Service Announced
The new No. 202 bus route connecting the two cities will make many stops along the way, one of which will be at Al Ain. This is a convenient and inexpensive option for anyone looking to travel between Oman and the UAE. In the following lines, you'll find information on this bus service, including where and how to purchase tickets.
Bus Route and Stops
The bus service starts from Muscat, Oman, and travels through various stops, including Al Buraimi in Oman and Al Ain in the UAE, before reaching Abu Dhabi City. Some key stops on this route include Muscat International Airport, Al Khoudh Bridge, Barka, Al Rumais, Al Buraimi Hospital, and more.
Two Stops in the UAE
The bus makes two stops in the UAE: Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station, located on Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum Street in Al Wahdah, Zone 1, and Al Ain Central Bus Station, located on Al Wifadah Street in the Central District.
Ticket Prices and Luggage Allowance
- One-way trip: OMR 11.5 (Dh109.70)
- Round trip: OMR 22 (Dh209.88)
- Children under two years travel for free but do not have reserved seats.
- Luggage allowance: 23kg for checked luggage and 7kg for hand luggage.
Travel Duration and Timings
Nine hours is the approximate travel time from Abu Dhabi to Muscat, including a 45- to 1-hour break. At 6:30 am, the bus leaves Muscat and arrives in Abu Dhabi at 3:40 pm. The bus departs Abu Dhabi at 10:45 am and arrives in Muscat at 8:35 pm on the way back.
Required Documents for Booking
- GCC citizens: Copy of your country's ID.
- Other nationalities: Emirates ID copy for UAE expatriates and Oman visa copy.
How to Book Tickets
- Visit the Mwasalat website (mwasalat.om).
- Under "Intercity Booking," enter trip details, select "Single Trip" or "Return Trip," and enter the number of passengers.
- Click "Search" and select your boarding and drop-off points.
- Sign in to your Mwasalat account or continue as a guest.
- Upload required documents and confirm that you hold a visa/residency in Abu Dhabi.
- Click "Book Now" and pay for the fare with your credit or debit card.
- Receive a notification confirming your tickets and a digital version via email.
- Carry both the digital and printed tickets, along with a valid Emirates ID and passport when boarding the bus.
Please note that these details are subject to change, so it's advisable to check the Mwasalat website for the most up-to-date information and any additional requirements before planning your trip.