Update your residence permit electronically in the emirates now for 100 dirhams
Recently, the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship and Customs Security in the United Arab Emirates announced a new update for Emirates ID card holders last August, especially after many residents of the Emirates asked about new residence permit news in the Emirates.
The latest decision comes from the government of the United Arab Emirates in order to facilitate it in providing all means of facilities and convenience to citizens and residents of the Emirates, but this matter requires renewing residency in the Emirates to avoid exposure to legal accountability.
Renewal of residence permit in the Emirates
The UAE government provides residence permi renewal through the official website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Naturalization or through its application on smart phones.
The UAE also imposes a fine upon delay in renewing residency in the UAE, in addition to some conditions that require the need to renew the residence visa before its expiration within a period ranging from one month to 6 months after obtaining prior approval from the Department of Foreigners Affairs in the UAE.
Steps to update residence permit
- Create an account (digital ID) or register on the electronic services platform
- Select the “Renewal Residence Permit Issuance” service from the list
- Submit the application, review and update the retrieved data, and pay the costs of renewing residency in the Emirates
- Submit an application to renew the ID card
- Hand over the passport to the approved delivery company
- Place the residence sticker on the passport
- Delivery of the passport through the approved delivery company
Conditions for renewing residence permits in the emirates electronically
The sponsored person must have a passport valid for a minimum of 6 months.
Completing all requirements to obtain a residency renewal, which include a medical examination and insurance notifications, within the specified period, in order not to be subject to cancellation of the application.
The cost of a residence permit in the emirates
- Application fee: 100 AED.
- Issuance fees for each year: 100 dirhams.
- Urgent issuance fee: 100 AED.
- Electronic services: 50 AED.
- Fees for recruiting auxiliary servants: 5,000 AED.
- Guarantee fees: AED 2,000.
How to obtain a green visa for self-employed or private employers
To qualify for a green residence visa, self-employed and self-employed individuals must satisfy the following criteria:
- Getting a license from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation to work privately or independently.
- The minimum level of education for this position is a bachelor's degree or higher.
- The applicant must show that he has at least 360,000 dirhams (or the foreign currency equivalent) in annual self-employment income over the past two years, or provide proof of sufficient funds to cover his living expenses while in the country.
Identity, nationality, and residency services in one app
The UAE Federal Authority for identification and Citizenship announced the integration of identification, citizenship, and residence services into ICA UAE SMART, available on electronic application stores.
The Authority issues virtual work permits through its website and electronicapplication in 5 steps that begin with logging in to a personal account or digital identity.
After that, he must choose the goal service (residency) and sub-service(virtual work resident sponsor), choose the procedure (granting a residence permit), fill out the data, upload the attachments, review the application, and pay the fees.