UAE reveals expected dates for public holidays in 2024, 15 days to save now
Marking the public holidays in the UAE in 2024 is a good idea if you want to make the most of your vacation time. There will be sufficient time for vacations and unwinding with 15 days to look forward to in 2024.
UAE Public Holidays in 2024
While specific holiday dates in the UAE can be challenging to predict due to moon sightings, experts can estimate these dates within a two-to-three-day window. So, get a head start on planning your holidays with the list below.
Mark your calendar
Here are the UAE public holidays in 2024:
- Monday, January 1: New Year's Day
- Monday, April 8: Eid al-Fitr holiday
- Tuesday, April 9: Eid al-Fitr holiday
- Wednesday, April 10: Eid al-Fitr
- Thursday, April 11: Eid al-Fitr holiday
- Friday, April 12: Eid al-Fitr holiday
- Saturday, June 15: Arafat Day
- Sunday, June 16: Eid al-Adha
- Monday, June 17: Eid al-Adha holiday
- Tuesday, June 18: Eid al-Adha holiday
- Sunday, July 7: Islamic New Year
- Sunday, September 15: Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) birthday
- Sunday, December 1: Commemoration Day
- Monday, December 2: National Day
- Tuesday, December 3: National Day holiday
Eid al-Fitr and an Extended Break
Following New Year's Day, the first major holiday is Eid al-Fitr, which occurs right after Ramadan. Astronomers predict Ramadan will commence on Monday, March 11, 2024. If this holds true, Eid al-Fitr will fall on Wednesday, April 10, 2024. This results in an extended nine-day weekend, as Ramadan 29 will be on Monday, April 8, and Shawwal 3 on Friday, April 12, in the Gregorian calendar.
Eid al-Adha: Four Days of Celebration
Workers in the UAE may expect to have four days off in a row in 2024, in contrast to the six-day weekend they received for Eid al-Adha in 2023. The celebration of Arafat Day is anticipated to take place on Saturday, June 15, followed by Eid al-Adha on Sunday, June 16, and two more holiday days on Monday, June 17, and Tuesday, June 18.
Islamic New Year and Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) Birthday
Islamic New Year may fall on Sunday, July 7, 2024, but whether it becomes a public holiday is yet to be confirmed. Similarly, Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) birthday on Sunday, September 15, may result in a day off, but this is subject to official announcement.
National Day: December Delights
The month of December is traditionally reserved for commemorations of several national holidays, and December 2024 will be no different. The most likely date for Commemoration Day is going to be on Sunday, December 1, and there will be a holiday on both Monday and Tuesday, December 2 and 3. This opens up even another possibility for a fun-filled, relaxing four-day weekend.